Ready to take on the Industry?
Kasedo Games is publishing a new indie developed game from Dapper Penguin Studios called Rise of Industry. And if you’re like me and have absolutely no idea what this is, then I will try to recap what we learned from our presentation and interview with the developers during Gamescom 2017.
So what is Rise of Industry?
This is a strategic tycoon game that will challenge your skills within economics, funding, business deals, transportations etc, everything about the industry. You’re managing raw materials such as oil, fruits, wood and water, building factories and producing goods so you’re city can grow and prosper.
Some features (from a press release)
- Experience a tailored for every player – Specialise in just trading, production, gathering or any combination and research your way to bigger and better things.
- Choose from 100 individual products and manage the manufacturing process from harvesting raw materials all the way to delivering the end product to local stores.
- Build and manage a solid transportation network, such as trains, trucks and airships.
- Be prepared for competition, you’re not the only one looking for the sweet sweet materials. Competitive towns either AI or other players are there as well.
- Huge random generated maps
- Pollution, disease and other industrial by products will await.
Gamescom Presentation & My First Impression
We were one of lucky few that got the chance to take a look at some gameplay from Alpha version 2 of Rise of Industry, and with the developers itself telling us the details. Alpha 2 will be available this friday (25, August 2017). I was shown a lot of brilliant design and visuals from the game, even though the design might seems basic at first, but then you zoom in into an object you’ll see tons of details that’s incredible created.
If you have played either the old Roller coaster games, SimCity, Anno or even Transport Tycoon you will know what to do at once, the new user interface is easy to learn and use even for newcomers. If you use trucks to transport your fruits you’ll notice that the colour of the truck is the same as the fruit, for example orange for oranges. But the main point is to balance your income of money and resources so you don’t go bankrupt.
But there is a lot of focus on player modding into the game, as the developer said; you can even make a map from the Lord of the Rings! Bringing different resources throughout the midgard.
You should take a weekend or even a week off from work, since with player modding, competitive multiplayer, sandbox worlds with random generated maps and with gorgeous designs and visuals could this mean tons of hours into gameplay. I know for sure that I’m going to be lost into the world of Rise of Industry when it launches 29th of January next year.