As 2018 plows on, 11 bit studios are moving into the final stages of development for their upcoming game Frostpunk – a city-survival game where keeping warm is tantamount to staying alive, and every decision comes at a cost.
- MAINTAIN HOPE – Survival is about hope and the will to live. Your ability to spark and maintain these two in your citizens will be a determinant factor for success.
- MAKE AND ENACT LAW – The only method of continued survival is to ensure survivors abide by the same rules and share similar beliefs. Establishing laws and customs will be a crucial factor shaping your society.
- WEIGH YOUR CHOICES – Will you allow child-labour? How will you treat the sick and wounded? Choices in Frostpunk are never straightforward, and decisions come at a price.
- EXPLORE – The world covers not only bits of the past but also the potential means to secure the future of your people.
“It’s been a long journey, and I’m happy to see Frostpunk reaching its final stages. The game evolved into an unprecedented mixture of survival, city-builder, and society simulator. In the upcoming weeks, we’ll be releasing a new gameplay trailer intriguingly named “Irreversible”, and unveil more details about the game, including the release date. Before that happens, let me tease you with new concept art, screenshots, and in-game gifs presenting Automatons – Huge, steam-powered machines that are the pinnacle of human engineering, used to ease the burden of hard labor from your wearied citizens. They’re an example of pragmatic and authentic steampunk technology, used to endure cold and ensure humanity’s chances of survival. Of course, automatons are just one of many features you may encounter in your city – there’s plenty more to see in the upcoming trailer! And stay tuned for more developer updates from us about Frostpunk features”
– Przemyslaw Marszal, Art Director