Square Enix have announced that patch 4.5 for Final Fantasy XIV Online will be released 8th of January. The patch, titled A Requiem For Heroes, will bring with it the finale of the Stormblood storyline, in two parts, and set the stage for the Shadowbringers expansion pack that will be released early summer 2019.
A Requiem For Heroes will include:
- A new main scenario quest, taking you through the first part of the Stormblood storyline.
- A new trial where you confront Seiryu in normal and extreme difficulties in the last chapter of the Four Lords’ quest line.
- New instanced dungeon – The Ghimlyt Dark
- A return to the Ivalice Alliance Raid Dungeon – The Orbonne Monastery
- New Custom Deliveries.
- Gold Saucer Update with a new GATE, “air Force One” and a new minigame “Doman Mahjong“.
- There will also be new mounts, minions, emotes and hairstyles.
Patch 4.5 will also introduce the Blue Mage job. It will debut a week later and will be available to players with a lvl 50 Disciple of War or Magic class/job, and have completed the main scenario for A Realm Reborn. It will provide unique solo gameplay while you learn all of its abilities through fighting monsters.
There will be subsequent updates introducing more feature and content for all players:
- Patch 4.55 – Eureka, Hydatos Expedition and a new entry in the Large-Scale PVP Rival Wings – The Hidden Gorge
- Patch 4.56 – Even further Hildibrand Adventures: Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests.
Source: PR Nordic Press Release