Iconic Maps – Iwo Jima and Wake Island – Take Players Back to Classic Battlefield All-Out War on Land, Air, and Sea Once Again
The Full Battlefield V Experience including Chapter 5: War in the Pacific Will Also Be Available as Part of the Free Trial Weekends on Consoles and PC from November 1-4
Think back to where it all started for the Battlefield™ franchise with Battlefield 1942 and more recently Battlefield 1943. The iconic battles via land, air, and sea on maps like Iwo Jima are memories that gamers have only found in Battlefield. On October 31 for the first time in ten years, DICE is bringing players back to the battle of the Pacific in World War 2 with Battlefield V Chapter 5: War in the Pacific. In this brand new trailer released today, players can relive those moments and get a glimpse at the amphibious assaults and all-out warfare coming to the game.
The first two nostalgic maps being released in Chapter 5 are Iwo Jima and Pacific Storm. Iwo Jima is a highly dynamic map that has the U.S. and Japanese forces engaged in a beach landing invasion in an all-or-nothing clash across wide-open black beaches and close-range environments. Providing more water-based combat, the Pacific Storm map takes players through treacherous weather on a set of islands as they must secure control points using boats, tanks, or aircraft.
Battlefield V Chapter 5: War in the Pacific includes:
- New maps: Iwo Jima, Pacific Storm, and, coming in December, Wake Island.
- New factions: The U.S. and Japan.
- New weapons including the M1 Garand and M1919A6.
- New vehicles including the M4 Sherman tank and the F4U Corsair plane.
- New stationary weapons.
- New gadgets like the Katana and Flamethrower Battle Pickups.
- New Chapter Rewards including weapons, soldier sets, weapon skins, and melee weapons.
Source: Electronic Arts Press Release