We did know a new trading title from Kalypso was about to be announced at Gamescom this year. During the Opening Night Live show, Port Royale 4 was announced!
The big question is, what is the main features in Port Royale 4?
- 4 new extensive singleplayer campaigns, following each nation on their path to supremacy.
- Establish and manage trading relationships with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge 3D game
world. Steer clear of cliffs, shallow waters, and stormy regions to optimize your trade routes
- Select from 50 buildings, including 25 production sites, to produce goods like rum or luxuries.
Construct town buildings using neighborhood effects to optimize productivity and manage
the overall happiness of your citizens.
- 18 historically authentic ship types from the 17th century
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains.
- Licenses, building permits, new buildings, and ships can be unlocked by growing your reputation within your nation.
The developer studio from Gütersloh in Germany, Gaming Minds are the brains behind of Port Royale 4 and they are using their own game engine to create this title. PR4 main focus is singleplayer, so a multiplayer mode or features are not included for now.
Port Royale 4 will be released for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch around the third quarter of 2020.