Yesterday at the HyperX Esports Arena in Las Vegas, and on Twitch, ZeniMax Online Studios announced a new big chapter for The Elder Scrolls Online, Greymoor.
Here are the highlights mentioned in our press release:
- SKYRIM LIKE YOU’VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE: 2020’s Chapter, Greymoor, is set to launch in May and June and brings new zones to ESO: Western Skyrim, the frozen homeland of the Nords, and the long-forgotten Blackreach cavern—expanded from what players originally explored in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim—to fight sinister monsters while unlocking the secret of the Dark Heart of Skyrim.
- A NEW YEAR-LONG ADVENTURE AWAITS: The Dark Heart of Skyrim is a year-long interconnected adventure spanning four updates in 2020: the prologue quest (free to all players) and Harrowstorm DLC dungeon pack, the Greymoor Chapter, the Q3 DLC dungeon pack, and the Q4 Story DLC. While this is one of The Elder Scrolls’ darkest stories yet, there are still heroes that spark hope: returning from the base game are Lyris Titanborn and House Ravenwatch who will take the fight to those that stalk the night.
- NEW WORLD EVENTS AND GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS: The Greymoor Chapter brings new world events and gameplay systems. Group up with fellow players to quell the magical Harrowstorms terrorizing the land. Additionally, players will travel beyond Western Skyrim and across Tamriel to recover lost artifacts with the new Antiquities system; scry the location of ancient relics and excavate them to uncover Tamriel’s hidden history and unlock powerful and fun rewards for all types of players!
Greymoor is filled with lots of various new content such as:
- A gigantic new zone, Western Skyrim, and within it, the deep and dark Blackreach cavern. Combined, this is ESO’s largest zone yet.
- An epic main story quest line with around 30 hours of new adventures that ties into the Dark Heart of Skyrim year-long adventure, plus tons of new side quests and exploration
- Antiquities: this new system features two skill lines and will challenge players to travel beyond Western Skyrim and across Tamriel to recover lost artifacts to uncover the world’s hidden history and unlock powerful and fun rewards for all types of players
- A challenging new 12-player Trial: Kyne’s Aegis
- New World Events: Harrowstorms
- A vast amount of unique Delves, Public Dungeons, and standalone quests, as well as a host of performance updates and quality-of-life improvements
You can watch the almost two-hour-long live stream from Bethesda’s Twitch Stream
Source: Bethesda / Mi5 Communications