The Shadowbringers saga continues in Final Fantasy XIV as Square Enix today released Patch 5.2: Echoes of a Fallen Star. This latest update to the MMO introduces new challenges to Warriors of Light not only on the First, but also on their home of the Source, where the Eorzean forces continue their fight against the Garlean Empire.
Patch 5.2 contains a wealth of new content for all playstyles:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The acclaimed narrative of Shadowbringers continues, as the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn await such time when the Crystal Exarch might return them home.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties. Eden’s Verse introduces the character of Gaia, created by famed FINAL FANTASY developer Tetsuya Nomura.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – Tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Trial: Cinder Drift – The Ruby Weapon represents the most recent advances in Garlean military technology, and can be challenged by players in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest “The Sorrow of Werlyt” – Discover the lore behind the new Weapon series, as the Garlean Empire seeks to break the stalemate with Eorzean forces by unleashing this culmination of its twisted experimentation.
- Ocean Fishing – This Fisher-exclusive content will allow players to board a ship at specified times to enjoy fishing on the high seas, receiving experience and scrips based on the fish caught. Meeting certain conditions while aboard will grant all passengers the chance of a big haul!
- Ishgardian Restoration Update (Patch 5.21) – The upcoming update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system and more.
- New “Resistance Weapon” Equipment Enhancement Quest Series “Save the Queen: Blades of Gunnhildr” (Patch 5.25) – This new quest series will feature constant updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
- In-Game Adjustments – Players can expect to see several tweaks to Jobs, PvP Actions and New Game+ alongside several Crafter and Gatherer updates.
- New Mounts, Minions, Hairstyles, Emote, Crafting Recipes, and more.
Remember to check out our review of Shadowbringers here!