The first beta was a huge success, so they are bringing it back once more for everyone this weekend. Everyone with an internet connection can participate, as they want to test the server load for the upcoming release in January.
The second beta begins friday 22, December 06:00 PM (CET) and ends tuesday 26, December 05:59 (CET). You can download the beta now.
Some notes regarding the second beta
- The download schedule is subject to change.
- No additional download is necessary for players who have already saved the Monster Hunter: World Beta to their system storage during the first beta.
Play online single player by departing alone on any of the quests.
- You must be online even when playing single player.
Participate in multiplayer with players from around the world.
- You also have the option during quest creation to set a language filter, which will match you only with players with the same language as you.
- Certain online features will be unavailable in the beta, such as the ability to join quests midway through, Guild Cards, removing other players from a quest, and friend invites (these features will be available in the full retail version).
Character Creation and Naming
You will be able to choose from six different presets each for male and female hunters, as well as six presets for your Palico, and give them each a name of your choosing. (The full retail version will feature much deeper customization features!)
Voice and Text Chat
Test out any of the 14 different weapon types in a private training space!
You can get special bonuses for participating in the beta!
Completing any of the three quests featured in the beta will earn you one Face Paint to customize your character with in the full retail version.
Completing each of the three quests for the first time will earn you item sets you can use in the full retail version. Items include lifepowder, max potions, shock traps, and lots more that will help you out on the hunt!