The Twitter page of Cyberpunk 2077 – the upcoming RPG from CD Projekt Red – has been silent since December 2013. Yesterday it made a noise.
— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) January 10, 2018
Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in May of 2012, and the teaser trailer followed on the 10th of January 2013, yet not much is known about the presumably upcoming game. The teaser trailer (which won several awards in 2013) ends with the words “>Coming: when it’s ready” and consists of a single, extended, super slow-motion shot.
Here’s what is known about Cyberpunk 2077:
- It’s an open world RPG set in “Night City,”
- It will feature first and third person perspectives,
- Characters will speak several languages and “translator implants” will be necessary to understand them,
- There will be an online component (whatever that means),
- “Braindance” is a feature of Cyberpunk 2077 world that allows the player character to experience the emotions, movements and thoughts of other characters
and that’s it. What does “*beep*” have to do with anything? Why was it posted on the 5 year anniversary of the teaser trailer? We don’t know yet, but it might be time to follow @cyberpunkgame.