Leading up to the launch of Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers on the 2nd of July, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida revealed the details of the updates coming with the new expansion pack.
During the Producer LIVE stream #52, you could see a new dungeon walkthrough, showcasing a number of dungeons included in the expansion, as well as a first look at the Titiana trial battle, and high-level raid, Eden.
Additionally, details of post-launch releases were announced:
- Familiar allies such as Thancred and Y’shtola will join the Warrior of Light as they encounter new characters such as Ran’jit and Vauthry. additional information about the key characters can be found here
- The crafting classes got new actions and adjustment to current actions, major updates to the crafting UI and easing the requirements to unlock existing recipes.
- The gathering classes have new actions and traits for all classes, updates to the gathering log, such as information about spawn time and the ability to quickly add an alarm to remind about respawning nodes, as well as easing the requirements to unlock existing gathering points
- There will be an increase to the storage capacity of the glamour dresser, updates to the retainer and achievement UI as well as new tomestones and gatherer/crafter scrips, with even more to come.
- The addition of the Spriggan World to the Chaos data center, and the addition of the Twintania World to the Light data center.
- Post Release Patch Schedule: 16th of July will bring patch 5.01 with the launch of the normal difficulty high-level raid, Eden. As well, on the 30th of July, patch 5.05 will bring the savage difficulty Eden raid, and the new treasure hunt dungeon, Lyhe Ghiahl; the Allagan tomestone of Phantasmagoria currency.
You can watch the full Letter from the Producer LIVE here.
Source: PR Nordic press release